Client Area service management overview (Enterprise Cloud)
Posted by Arvydas B., Last modified by Arvydas B. on 01 June 2018 10:51 AM
- Power On / Off – Shut down/turn on your Cloud server.
- Restart - Restart your Cloud server.
- Virtual Console – Access your Cloud server using console. This is useful when you can’t access your Cloud through SSH.
- Rescue mode – Cloud will enter in to the rescue mode. In this mode you will be able to mount your cloud partition and repair file system, reset password, etc.
- VM Overview – In this section you can see your Cloud status, specifications, current OS template, Cloud geo-location and login credentials.
- Server login – In this field you can see your Cloud IP address. Click on “password” to see default root password.
- Auto backup – Enables VPS auto backups’ scheduler.
- Task Journal – In this field there is listed last tasks done to your Cloud through Client Area.
- Hostname – Change your current hostname of Cloud server.
- Public Network – In this field you can check Cloud network information: main IP, default gateway, netmask, DNS, IP6 info.
- Add rDNS record – Manage reverse DNS records.
- Add IPs – order additional IP addresses.
- Backup Disk – Initiates a backup of your Cloud server.
- Auto-Backups – Manage the schedule of Cloud backups.
- Snapshot options –Restore or delete backup of your Cloud.
- Installed template – Shows current OS template in use.
- OS Templates – You can select other OS template by your needs.
- Re-Install – Will do fresh install of chosen template.
- OS + Apps – By choosing app you can order license.
- Custom Templates – You can mount custom ISO to your cloud.
- Password – Previews default root password.
- Reset Password – Resets default root password.
- SSH keys – You can add and assign your SSH key.
- Statistics – Choose what statistic you want to be displayed (CPU, network, storage).
- Refresh – Refresh statistic preview.
- Time frame – Choose what time frame you want to preview statistic.
- Notify – After enabling this option you will receive email then limit is reached.
- Basic resources – Upgrade your CPU, RAM.
- Networking – Add additional bandwidth or IP addresses.
- Storage and Backups – Extend current disk space, add additional disks and backup slots.
- Invoicing – Shows provides basic billing information: recurring amount, billing cycle, next due date, registration date.
- Add credit – enables auto payment.
- Request Cancellation – If you do not wish to continue using your service, sends a cancellation request and set your service termination date at the end of your billing cycle or cancel your service immediately.